Thursday, December 3, 2009

Instead men

In my motherland (South Korea), apparently people who can't be bothered to do the daily humdrum duties of life (Can't Botherists) can hire other people to do for them (Instead Men).  Tasks these people are willing to do run from the usual things you would expect to the totally bizarre things I would never expect someone else to do for me.  I guess they're sort of like pinch hitters for life?
Normal

 - delivering food
 - driving your drunk-self home from the bar (substitute drivers)
 - killing bugs
 - picking up dry cleaning or things from the store
Unusual

 - taking elderly parents on vacation
 - attending classes
 - posing as girlfriends to meet the parent
I love the idea of being able to hire my own part-time butler/stand-in by the hour, but even more than that, I like that the terms, "can't botherist" and "instead men" actually exist.  I seem to be suffering from a severe case of "can't-botherism" when it comes to cleaning my apartment. 


No comments:

Post a Comment