Friday, January 15, 2010

Group Photo

This past weekend I had a really lovely time hanging out with Ashley who came down for a visit.  Aside from the fact that she packed pretty inappropriate clothes for such cold weather, I think she had a nice time.  Events included:
  • lots of walking around and braving the cold
  • giggling about boys
  • navigating incredible furniture shop/mazes
  • good design/kitchen wares/home goods
  • tea/bento box
  • cheese grits
  • thrifting (the store had weaves for sale!)
  • museuming (taxidermy, bones, and big diamonds)
  • Badlands
  • cookies
 While we were in the museum on Sunday Ashley and I got separated somewhere after the Hope Diamond and I ended up wandering around by myself for awhile.  I got a little lost and ended up in an area about early peoples.  I was standing next to a replica of Otzi the Iceman 
 
reading the information about him when this group of Asian people, mainly children, swooped in for a photo op.  I didn't realize what was going on until I was surrounded and they either must have not noticed me or thought I was one of the group because they just snapped their pictures and went on their way without even saying anything to me.  They came and went so fast, it felt a bit like a flash mob.  I sort of wonder if they'll notice that I'm in their pictures when they look at them later; I guess I'll just be the Asian that looks the most surprised.

1 comment:

  1. The Hope Diamond was so underwhelming, no?

    I loved our boy giggles. And St. Ex and most especially that antique shop. I'll come back soon after I move and get lots of fun furnishings.

    Next time: warmer clothes for sure.

    ReplyDelete